Southampton University, U.K.
PhD Physics ’93
High Energy Physics Institute, Academia Sinica, China
MS Physics ’89
Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R. China
BS Physics ’86
- 2008 – Present: Professor, Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Sciences (NERS), UM.
- 2004-2008: Associate Professor, Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Sciences Dept.
- 1998-2004: Assistant Professor, Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Sciences Dept.
- 1995-1998: Assistant Research Scientist, Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Sciences Dept.
- 1994-1995: Post-doctoral research fellow, NERS, UM.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Reviewer of Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, since 1994.
- Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Sciences, since 1993.
- Reviewer of Journal of Applied Physics and Applied Physics Letters, since 2002.
- Proposal reviewer for U.S. Civilian Research and Development Foundation, DOE, NSF, NASA.
- Member of the Program Committee: SPIE International Symposium on Optical Science, Engineering, and Instrumentation, program on Hard X-Ray and Gamma-Ray Detector Physics, Optics, and Applications, since 1997.
- NASA High Energy Astrophysics (SR&T program) Peer Review Panel, 2002 – 2005, 2007
- Program chair of SORMA international conference, May 2006, May 2010 & June 2014, Ann Arbor, Michigan (general chair was Professor David Wehe)